Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stroller Dilemma

I figured I would post on what has sparked me to start this blog. I don't know if anyone will actually read this or find it of use (I hope you do). We leased a Toyota Prius back in March of this year about a month after I found out I was pregnant with our second child. What we were not thinking about back then was the fact that we would soon require a double stroller. And while I have read reviews recently that say a double stroller will fit in the Prius, I do not think they had in mind that you would have to fit other things in the Prius in addition to yourself, your husband (or significant other), two children in car seats, the stroller, and possibly either groceries, the dog (mind you we have a 50lb pointer, not a lap dog despite what he or my husband thinks), or other necessities.
So we come to the difficulty with owning a Prius, previously we had the Days of Hunny 2007 Graco Spree Travel System and the stroller when in the trunk of the Prius barely left room for groceries next to it, although we still had that wonderful backseat. But soon there won't be much of a backseat left if you consider the fact that there will be two carseats and a diaper bag, and the necessity for a double stroller, that will inevitably be larger than Graco Spree Stroller folded. So the hunt begins for a double stroller that will not eat up all the cargo space in the Prius.

1 comment:

Jen's America said...

Did you find such a stroller? I wonder because I am trying to find a double that will fit in the back or our Prius!