Monday, September 15, 2008

Alma Mater

So while I planned mostly to write about our eco-efforts as a family, I thought I would write about something that I am currently trying to deal with. I graduated just over a year ago with my degree from Cal Poly and was supposed to receive my diploma about 2 months after I received a letter congratulating me on finally being done with school. Mind you I almost wasn't able to graduate because of an alteration I made to my elective course list. Of course I was busy with far more important things 2 months after I received that letter in October 2007 because well I had a baby and a house and a husband to take care of! Before I end up getting distracted again from receiving this wonderful piece of paper, that I will probably just stuff in a folder, I find myself playing email tag with the Office of Academic Records at my Alma Mater.

Here is the real mind boggling part to this situation, their hours at the Office of Academic Records are 10am to 12pm and then 1pm to 3pm. Why is it that the university bureaucracy allows these people to somehow magically work only a portion of the day in comparison to most people and still have a salary to live on?

No comments: